- 4 ½ cups cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 jalapeños peppers, roasted
- 56 ounces of tomatoes. You can used canned whole tomatoes
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1 ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black cracked pepper
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 whole lime, squeezed
I think it’s important to stress anytime you’re working with hot peppers, wear gloves. The juices can cause “Jalapeño Burn” on your skin. It’s happened to me, it’s the opposite of fun!
While wearing gloves, carefully cut off the tops of the jalapeño peppers and discard the stem and set seeds aside. In an oven broiler roast the jalapeños and garlic gloves. Roast them until the jalapeños are blackened on all sides.
Next, blend the chopped cilantro, tomatoes, roasted jalapeños and all the other ingredients in a food processor until they are fully puréed.
This makes about 6 cups of mild salsa. For hotter salsa add the seeds.